Monday, June 2, 2008

Names

We are in a name debate here. We would like to hear what your thoughts on the names are:

Dan Bee is actually a Korean word that means "refreshing rain". I really like the meaning, but we sort of have a name pattern going here and thought about continuing it...for whatever reason. We have Loryn 18, Landon 14, Jamison 11, Jintry 5, and Simon 4. Do you see the pattern?

Anyway we are looking at different "S" girl names for Dan Bee. Dan Bee is going to be hard to change as that is what everyone in the whole family has been calling her...including my mother who informed me that, Dan Bee would be what she called her no matter what other name we chose! (This comes from the woman who was fairly opposed to us adopting the first time and is now all over adoption...in a positive way!!!) SO... here are a few "S" names that we came across or thought about. We also like somewhat unique names or spellings. Let me know what you think and any suggestions you have:

Sydney (I like it, but it is really popular and tons of girls have that name...negative for me) Full name originally was going to be "Sydney Rose", "Rose" after Paul's G-ma.

Samara...(Samaria is the root word so you pronounce the middle "a" the same) means "protected by God"...which I really like the meaning of since it really seems to fit her life. If we used this we might use a nick name (which I have previously been opposed to doing nicknames) Sami Bee, short for Samara Dan Bee. This is the one that Jintry and I like. (My mom might even go for this one since she mentioned Samantha Dan Bee...Sami Bee)

Skylar or maybe a variation of the spelling. It means "sky" (imagine that), but this is the one that gets the vote from Paul and Loryn. It seems to be a more popular boys name right now and not so much for girls. Then we might do Skylar Rose or Skylar Dan Bee or something. The older boys could care less. They don't even really want us to adopt again, much less pick out a name...they are being very teenagery...self centered, silly boys!!

We may just stay with Dan Bee and combine it to Danbi or Danbe with ? as the middle name or Danni Bee.

Your thoughts, ideas and suggestions would be greatly appreciated. You guys are always so full of good ideas and creative advice!! We are pathetic:))

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like Samara Dan Bee

Lacy Tuckness

Anonymous said...

Excuse me for sounding a touch religious/spiritual. I really believe that when a child is adopted and is allowed in his or her new home to grow and develop and sustain a lifelong journey with The Lord I just get this sense that God is guiding the lifelong journey of the little one from a not so blessed situation to a more blessed situation. Ok a huge run on sentence but my point is I'm making a vote for Samara and putting her birth name in as her "middle name" (I guess you can say). Plus Samara is a beautiful name and ..it makes a cool nickname too "Sam".

Mike said...

I think that whatever you name her, she is a beautiful little girl and will fit the name. Congrats!!

Yvonne and Eric said...

I, too, like Samara Dan Bee the most. Sami Bee seems like it fits such a sweetie!

YvonneW