Saturday, April 19, 2008

Believing God

After my near faith crisis/mini-meltdown in the last post, I had words of wisdom passed on to me by Jan, Korea Case Manager at Dillon. She wisely recommended that I take some time to be alone and quiet before God. Everyone knows that that is nearly impossible with our house full of people and constant activity.

I was able to carve out a little bit of time. I got out my Believing God Bible Study by Beth Moore. I did this study a couple of years ago during our adoption process with Simon. I can say that this Bible study totally revolutionized my life. I have always been a believer, but this was a huge eye opener on faith. I don't know how many of you are familiar with the study. In the first part she (Beth) encourages participants to tie a blue cord around their wrist for the duration of the study. This comes from a passage in Numbers where God commands His people to tie blue tassles on their garments to remind them of His laws and precepts. The Blue Cord on the wrist serves as a reminder that "I AM BELIEVING GOD!" So, I am going to get a blue cord and get it around my wrist right away. Everytime I see it, I will remember that "I AM BELIEVING GOD!". This is the Believing God Pledge of Faith:

1. God is who He says He is
2. God can do what He says He can do.
3. I am who God says I am
4. I can do all things through Christ
5. God's word is alive and active in me

Anyone want to join me with a blue cord/bracelet? I say we all wear them until all of our prayers have been answered/babies come home/ process complete, etc. What do you say? It will not only be a visible reminder to us, but it may be a conversation starter to witness to those around us.

Blessings, Cherri W.

No comments: