Well Sami B. has been home for 20 days. She is progressing very well. We still have rough moments and a long rode ahead, but we can definitely feel your prayers!
She is attaching to us. She cries when I leave the room and wants to be with me most of the time. These are all good signs but it also means that I don't get a whole lot done. I have to constantly keep picking her up and taking her with me where ever I go. She is so sweet and really starting to show more personality.
Here is one of the funny things she has started doing. We must open our eyes really wide when we talk to her or play with her because she has started imitating this. It is really cute to see those little almond eyes try to open really wide. She also "winks" at Jamison. He blinks both eyes at her and she blinks her eyes back at him.
She is eating really well now and does not seem to have the strong gag reflex that she did when she first came home. She prefers to feed herself with her fingers and does not care to be spoon fed. She likes to hold the spoon, but just makes a big mess with it. Our biggest issue right now is keeping her poor little cheeks from staying chapped. She is so messy when she is done eating, we have to wash her face a lot. This of course dries it out. We have tried all kinds of our favorite lotions, petroleum jelly, baby oil, etc. It is just hard to keep up with it.
She is not sleeping very well at night. She wakes up about every hour and a half. Sometimes she will go as long as three hours, but this is not usual. I have started watering down her night bottles a lot and then switching it to water only in the night. She was used to having several milk bottles throughout the night. I noticed that her teeth look like she may have slept with a bottle in her mouth quite a bit. We are still in an adjustment phase, but I am phasing out the milk at night fairly quickly. She can still have a bottle at night, but just water until we can phase that out also.
If we can rock her to sleep, she starts the night in her crib (next to our bed). She only sleeps there about 1-2 hours and then wakes up crying and wants in our bed with us.
I have another story to tell about this, but I have to go for now.
Cal-vin @ Kal-mar
1 day ago
No comments:
Post a Comment